Over the past 24 years I’ve made some (quite a few) mistakes and learnt a lot of life lessons along the way. Here are 24 lessons I’ve learnt over the years which I hope in sharing, you will learn something from too.
1. You can microwave rice and it still tastes good.
2. Travelling isn’t going to hold you back in life instead it will help you figure out what you want and what you will prioritise.
3. Don’t worry about people judging you in life, they will do it anyway regardless of whether you worry about it or not. And that worry isn’t worth it, trust me.
4. Trust yourself in making decisions and your ability to do things right. Don’t let others decide things for you as you will end up on their journey and not yours.
5. You don’t need to be everyone’s best friend because some people just aren’t right for you and that’s okay.
6. Exercise is great for keeping you motivated.
7. It’s okay to say no to things because agreeing to everything and then regretting it after can lead to resentment. Good people won’t want to make you do something you don’t want to do.
8. Motivational/Inspirational quotes are always good things to read frequently.
9. Learning to love being by yourself is very important.
10. Money isn’t the secret to happiness. Happiness comes from being with the people you love and loving what you do.
11. The most important thing about what you do for work is the enjoyment and sense of fulfilment.
12. Overthinking never helps any situation.
13. You can’t fix everyone.
14. Comparison is the ultimate thief of joy.
15. The fact you are capable of passing your driving test means you are capable of anything!
16. Rejection isn’t failure because it allows you to get closer to success.
17. Being tidy and organised really does benefit all areas of your life.
18. You are incapable of buying snack/share size food without eating the entire contents in one sit in, therefore you just shouldn’t buy them in the first place.
19. You really can’t dance or sing, no matter how much you think or can.
20. Writing things down is always the best thing to do when you’re given instructions to do something important because you definitely cannot rely on your memory.
21. A screen time curfew is important for a good nights sleep. Don’t expect a good nights sleep if you don’t get off the laptop until midnight. Instead, use this time to read a book.
22. Journaling is good for the soul and is something you should do regularly.
23. If you don’t ask you don’t know and not knowing could mean you miss out.
24. Don’t bother getting stressed because feeling stressed in no way changes the situation for the better. Therefore relax, it’s easier.